More than 25 years ago as I write these words, I had a dream. This dream was met with a supernatural sign, which I will describe later. It is evident that the Creator of the universe was trying to get my attention. Today, this dream is just as relevant as it was more than 25 years ago when I first received it. This dream is about a very evil sin, the killing of innocent lives.
In the dream, there were two teams. The team that I was on was in our living room. The other, the enemy’s, was in the fireplace, lurking “in and upwards” —meaning towards the chimney.
There was no fire in the fireplace. It was dark. The enemy seemed to be on the offensive, ready to attack us. The enemy was setup inside, ready to shoot at the “go” command.
We were allowed to get into position, and prepare for the shoot-out. As for me, I stationed myself towards the back of the room —about three-quarters of the way back, behind something that seemed to be a piece of furniture.
We were about to begin shortly. I put myself in a certain position, and then realized or sensed that I was too vulnerable in that position.
I looked at the fireplace. One person from the enemy’s team seemed to have his gun trained right on me. I then “reclined” on the floor, sitting with my knees pulled up —in the birth position— so as to compress the space (so I could hide my knees behind the piece of furniture). I used one or more pillows to pad some vulnerable spots. One pillow seemed to be out of reach, past my feet, and I wished I had it as padding, too, but the shoot-out was about to begin, and there was not much time.
I had my gun in hand. My gun was a piece of paper —like a bookmark. I tried to point it at the enemy —at the one who had his gun trained on me. I was dubious as to the accuracy of this paper gun. The piece of paper was flimsy, providing no defense. I pointed it around, trying to gain accuracy. It’s accuracy was obviously doubtful.
We were now about to begin.
I was careful.
No shots were fired.
We discovered that one of our team members, up at the front, towards the right-hand side, had frozen. Was it because of fear?
I was uncertain as to why our team member had frozen. The one who had frozen appeared to be a woman. In her frozen state, she appeared just like a mannequin.
Someone —or some people— grabbed hold of her. They seemed to remove her. It was like a “time-out.”
Something happened following this. It seems that shots were fired. Why?
The dream ended.
This is the dream I had on July 22, 1991, while living in Cambridge, Ontario, Canada. I received it while I was involved in a church that believed that God spoke through dreams. Well, he did. And he still does today.
I had this dream in the morning, before 6 a.m.. At around 10:30 p.m. that same day, I lay down on my bed and decided to reread the dream from my journal, because I had been careful to write it down. What was it all about? It was very intriguing, and compelling, even. I felt God was trying to say something! As I read what I had written, some ideas came to my mind.
(1) The living room represents a mother’s womb. It is the place of the living —where human life comes into existence.
(2) The chimney represents the birth canal.
(3) The enemy is the abortionist, and all those who help the abortionist.
(4) The people in the living room are the children ready to be born —if the abortionist does not get to them first.
(5) The pillows represent the desperate attempt made by the children not yet born, to find some sort of comfort in the midst of paralyzing fear, because the abortionist wants to utterly destroy, decimate, and obliterate them.
(6) The pillow that was out of reach, this represents all those who are not helping. They are out of reach — unwilling to do anything to stop the killing of the unborn.
(7) I “reclined” on the floor, sitting with my knees pulled up —in the birth position— because this dream is indeed about giving birth. I “reclined” because the womb is the place that God has designed to be a place of rest for unborn children.
(8) I used one or more pillows to pad some vulnerable spots, because the womb was not serving its intended purpose. Something was desperately wrong!
(9) The gun was made out of paper, and represents the utter defenseless, and hopelessness, of the child in the womb, waiting to be executed by the executioner, who is operating under false (not God-given) authority.
(10) The gun is made out of paper — it is like a bookmark, and points to a book —the Bible— which does have authority over the abortionist, and will one day be his judge, even as Jesus said:
“He who rejects me, and doesn’t receive my sayings, has one who judges him. The word that I spoke, the same will judge him in the last day.” (John 12:48)
(11) During the abortion, no shots were fired, because abortionists do not use guns.
(12) One of our team members had frozen, because she had been killed by a lethal injection of saline solution. She was now dead and frozen! That’s why she looked just like a mannequin. She also froze in fear, because immediately before she was executed by the abortionist, she was desperately afraid, and literally became paralyzed with fear.
(13) The one who had frozen was up at the front, towards the right-hand side. The “front” represents being on the “front lines” of the battle, where many people die. In this case, all those who die from abortion are truly soldiers who have died on the front lines of God’s battle. But can you imagine sending your weakest and most vulnerable into battle? And yet that is who is currently fighting in this war. Why? Where are all of the valiant warriors who should be filling in for these most vulnerable of God’s people?
The right-hand side represents the place of authority, and normally we think of that as being God’s authority, but in this case, there is a huge, gaping hole among God’s warriors, and they have allowed the enemy (ultimately, all those who are not willing to submit themselves to God’s loving ways) to gain access to many of God’s as-yet-unborn people. There is a slaughter happening right before our eyes!
There is a problem with authority. Where is the godly authority who will stand up and say that enough is enough? Who will stand up for these innocent people who are being slaughtered daily? Have they not read? Do they not know? Have they not read the words of our Creator, who said,
‘Rescue those who are being led away to death! Indeed, hold back those who are staggering to the slaughter! If you say, “Behold, we didn’t know this”; doesn’t he who weighs the hearts consider it? He who keeps your soul, doesn’t he know it? Shall he not render to every man according to his work?’ (Proverbs 24:11-12)
There is something desperately wrong with the way this battle is being fought!
(14) Someone —or some people— took hold of the destroyed warrior. They seemed to remove her. She was sucked out of the womb, or removed in pieces, with blood-stained forceps.
(15) After all was said and done, it was like a “time-out.” It was time for the abortionists to take a well-deserved break. They did their job well. They made another 400 dollars, or whatever they were paid. They would soon be eating lunch. It was just another day.
(16) After it was all over, shots were then fired. Why?
From the Columbia University Medical Center, Obstetrics and Gynecology: “If you have a negative blood type (e.g., A negative), you will be given an injection of a medication called Rh immune globulin (RhoGAM®) after the abortion. This helps prevent your immune system from causing complications in future pregnancies.”
To confirm to me that this dream really was about abortion, after reading the dream over, as I was lying there on top of my bed, I then asked the Lord a question. I said, “Lord, is this dream about abortion?” Immediately, I then felt something strike my bare toe! I had been lying down when I asked this question, so I quickly got up, and looked at what it could be that struck my toe so suddenly. There I found a Canadian penny beside my toe! Where had it come from?
I was curious to find some type of natural explanation. Did it fall from a perch above? I looked up at the ceiling, and there was no light. There was no “perch”. There was nothing from which the penny could have fallen! So I realized this could have only come about by supernatural means.
How did the penny strike my toe? The Lord might have commanded an angel to pick up a penny that was sitting on my dresser, and drop it on my foot. Otherwise, the Lord caused it to strike my foot without angelic intervention. Either way, the penny struck my foot. It was clearly supernatural. But why would God do such a thing?
Not long after this, I realized what this meant. From the Free Dictionary, “if you say the penny drops, you mean that you have finally understood something.” Therefore, when I asked the Lord if the dream was about abortion, he replied by dropping a penny on my foot, meaning, “Yes, it is about abortion. You have rightly understood.”
Thus it was that the Lord answered me miraculously that day. That dream really was about abortion!
Responding to the Message
There are many possible ways that a person may respond to a message like this, and some people may feel that this message is an accusation against them, because perhaps they have experienced an abortion themselves, or know someone who did, or sympathize with someone who did. Yet in all of this, we must never forget that the taking of an innocent life is wrong. And this is what this dream is all about.
Obviously, the Lord must care very deeply about this for him to give a supernatural sign like this. It really was amazing. What is even more amazing is that the same care and concern that God has for those who are innocently killed, he also has for everyone who is living today, even those who have participated in the taking of an innocent life. Therefore, he longs for people to repent (meaning, to come to him, and confess their sins to him, so they can find forgiveness).
Abortion is not the only sin, but it is a very grievous one to God, because once a life has been taken, it cannot be restored, except in the resurrection of the righteous.
Do you feel God is speaking to you today? Jesus is a lover of souls, and he died for the sins of mankind, which includes the sin of abortion. You may have experienced it yourself, or know someone who has experienced it, but it does not mean you or they cannot be forgiven. They can, because God is a good God, and delights to forgive sin.
On the other hand, due to stubbornness and a lack of repentance in a society, God can, and eventually will, judge that society. We see a proliferation of abortion in our societies today, with very few exceptions, which means that God’s righteous anger against sin is being “stored up” for the day of judgment. Well, these things are equally true, and God commands us all to “repent” and make straight our ways. I urge all politicians, therefore, to pass godly laws in keeping with God’s decrees, as found in the Bible. In this regard, let us heed the words of the apostle Paul, and seek God’s favor, while we are still able.
But according to your hardness and unrepentant heart you are treasuring up for yourself wrath in the day of wrath, revelation, and of the righteous judgment of God; who “will pay back to everyone according to their works:” to those who by patience in well-doing seek for glory, honor, and incorruptibility, eternal life; but to those who are self-seeking, and don’t obey the truth, but obey unrighteousness, will be wrath and indignation, oppression and anguish, on every soul of man who does evil, to the Jew first, and also to the Greek. But glory, honor, and peace go to every man who does good, to the Jew first, and also to the Greek. For there is no partiality with God. (Romans 2:5-11)
When you read the above passage, how did you feel? Did anything come to your mind that you felt you needed to apologize to God for, that you might have done, regardless of whether it is related to abortion or not? If so, the Bible tells us that you have come under “conviction,” and conviction is a good thing, because it means that God is speaking to you about an area in your life in which you will be blessed if you change it. It means he cares for you. He’s asking you to make a change in this area, so that he can bless you. In the Bible, it says we are to respond to his voice, if we hear him. So I encourage you to respond to him, if you have just heard him speak to you. May the Lord bless you as you consider these words.
“The Lord is not slow concerning his promise, as some count slowness; but is patient with us, not wishing that any should perish, but that all should come to repentance.” (2 Peter 3:9)
For I have no pleasure in the death of the dying,” declares the Lord Yahweh. “And so repent and live!” (Ezekiel 18:32, LEB)
*The printable tract is provided as a PDF document that you can easily print on any letter-sized paper. Print the page (on both sides). If your printer cannot print both sides, simply print on one side, then feed the paper back in, and print on the other. Then, simply fold the page three times in half. This tract is small (2.75″ x 4.25″ — a bit larger than a business card) and convenient for responsible free distribution.